11.07.2012

Vancouver in Autumn

I took a trip to Vancouver to see a performance by a little known artist named Barbra Streisand.  Oh, you've heard of her?

It was my first Barbra concert.
My first trip to Canada.
My first time wearing the same hat for 5 days straight.

I'm visiting family in Oklahoma City this week, so my post today is little more than photos from my trip to Washington/Vancouver.

It rained most of the time we were there, but the pearly grey overcast skies were a beautiful backdrop to the glorious fall foliage, and gave a dreamy, almost painterly quality to the City's urban landscape.

See more after the jump...


Had some seafood a few miles from the border.  Epic.

Granville Island Public Market in Vancouver.  It's like the one we have in Emeryville, only it's Canadian.  And better.

This is why it's better.

 They write musicals about transit in Canada.  I work in the transit industry. And the music industry. 
These are my kind of people.
Vancouver Library.
And a dude covered in pigeons.

Ok, so we ran out of Canadian coins, so we couldn't park in Stanley Park and get out and take photos.  So I jumped out of the car, took photos of myself like the touristy tourist I was, and then jumped back in, and drove to the next scenic spot.  Notice the frizzy hair.  That's thanks to the rain.  Oh yeah, and there are some awesome Native American totem poles behind me.

Here are some drive-by shots.



Aaaand...back in these great United States!

I loved my brief glimpse of Vancouver.  Barbra Streisand. Transit musicals. A reason to wear a hat.  I'd go back...wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC